CALL US: 1.800.323.8484

It all began with a hardware store.

In 1848, Patterson Brothers Hardware opened near the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City. Patterson Brothers became the premier hardware supply company on the East Coast. In the 1920s, they began providing schools with premium tools and materials for industrial education. Patterson's first tool and equipment catalog was published in the 1930s.

 

In 1914, the Frank Paxton Lumber Company was founded in Kansas City and expanded to open lumberyards throughout the Midwest and Southwest. In the late 1950s, school woodworking programs that had purchased Paxton lumber began asking for adhesives, finishes, and other supplies. This led, in 1962, to the founding of Paxton Equipment and Supply.

 

The next year, Paxton Equipment acquired Patterson Brothers Hardware and became Paxton/Patterson. With the combined resources of two long-time educational suppliers, Paxton/Patterson offered a comprehensive line of tools, equipment and supplies for vocational and technology education programs.

 

In 1990, Paxton/Patterson became one of the first companies to provide modular technology education programs. Today, Paxton/Patterson offers a comprehensive line of learning systems, tools, equipment, and supplies for technology, family and consumer sciences and vocational education. We are proud of our nationwide staff of dedicated educational consultants who provide customers with continuity and quality service.